For the 2019-2020 funding period, GYA members will continue to be active in 18 working groups within the three GYA Themes of Science & Society, Research Environment, and Science Education and Outreach. The Incubators on Citizen Science for the 2030 SDG Agenda and the GYA Rainbow group continue their work.
A third Incubator on Industry 4.0 & beyond has now been established.
In addition to regular annual base funding, top-up funding for specific additional activities has been granted to the following GYA working groups:
- DIY Biology – for a panel session at the World Science Forum in November 2019
- Climate Change – for community communication videos on climate change adaptation
- History of the GYA – for archiving GYA foundation history
- Trust in (Young) Scientists – for a science communication webinar
- YSAP – for producing a booklet showcasing YSAP’s achievements